- Helped lead Shattuck-St. Mary's of Minnesota to its second straight USA Hockey Under-18 Tier I title in 2008 with a goal and an assist in the championship game.
- Is the younger brother of San Jose Sharks’ Matt Carle -- Matt, also a Shattuck St. Mary’s alum won two NCAA championships at University of Denver (2004, 2005) as well as the Hobey Baker Award. He will follow in his brother’s footsteps again when he attends U. of Denver in the fall of 2008.
- Credits his brother for having the most influence on his career by showing him what it takes to move on to the next level physically and mentally.
- He played for the Alaska All-Stars from Mites to Bantam before playing at Shattuck-St. Mary’s.
- His most memorable hockey moment was winning the USA Hockey's Tier 1 Under-18 National Championship in 2007 with Shattuck St. Mary’s - “there is no better feeling than being the best team”. Shattuck defeated the Cape Cod Whalers 5-2 in the final game.
- His most embarrassing hockey moment was forgetting his stick and having to use the coach’s stick which was a foot taller than he was.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Napoleon, Jerry Seinfeld and Bobby Orr because -- “they are all so diverse it would be very interesting dinner conversation”.
NHL Team: Philadelphia Flyers
NHL Player: Nicklas Lidstrom
Shootout move: “Shoot low blocker”
Goal celebration: “I keep it basic with the one-arm up”
Practice Drill: Forecheck rotation
Video Game: NHL ‘08
Movie: Dumb and Dumber
TV Show: Seinfeld
Actor: Jim Carey
Group: Matchbox 20
Book: Lance Armstrong’s Biographies
Pump-up song: “Linkin Park” by Bleed it out
Food to cook: Chicken
Activity away from the rink: Tennis
Toy growing up: Pick up sticks
Place to shop: Ikea
Place to visit: Alaska