Fit Families For Life
- Received, along with one family member, running shoes from Feet First with a visit from ThunderBug who provided pedometers.
- Learned about life-long health nutrition and health goal setting from Cindy Coney, Monarch Consulting and JoAnn Loiselle - dietician.
- Discovered amazing facts about bone health and meal planning with MORE HEALTH
- Practiced cutting-edge exercise methods such as ZUMBA with the YMCA, and Nordic Walking with Tim Arem.
- Explored Moffitt Cancer Research Center Research Labs.
- Received a health assessment from Tampa General Hospital.
- Cooked meals for their parents with Let’s Eat! Owner, Susan Andrews.
- Received coaching from one of Tampa’s premiere health curriculum designer, and author, Robin Gonzalez.
- The Central City YMCA played a special role, providing warm-up exercises before each class as well as visits to the Central City YMCA.
Students and families will conclude this incredible course with two additional sessions during Academy Prep’s June coursework. Each child received a memory book from the Fit Families Partnership with healthy snack recipes, their health goals, important know-how from each session filled with action shots as well as individual professional portraits.
Thanks to all the Fit Families Partners for their commitment to ensure Academy Prep students live healthy for life!