'First of its kind' social media rewards campaign debuts for NCAA Frozen Four
Event being held at the Tampa Bay Times Forum on April 5 & 7
The group is pleased to unveil a groundbreaking social media rewards campaign to incentivize social media users to be active on their social media platforms leading up to and during the 2012 NCAA Men’s Frozen Four. This is believed to be the first comprehensive social media rewards program designed specifically for a single major national sporting event.
“We’re excited to be able to reward college hockey fans for being active on social media using this groundbreaking initiative,” said Rob Higgins, executive director of the Tampa Bay Sports Commission. “We’re optimistic that our visitors are going to enjoy their Frozen Four experience in Tampa Bay and we would love for them to be able to share that with their friends through this unique social activation platform.”
By checking in and being engaged on social media outlets Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare, users will be rewarded with points by completing various tasks. In addition to virtual rewards such as badges and videos, users will also have the chance to win tangible merchandise, including lapel pins, souvenir pucks, t-shirts, jerseys and more.
In addition to the social media rewards component, the team is also adding a real time social media response component during the week of the event, which will help visitors and social media users with any questions they may have while in Tampa Bay.
Find more information about the NCAA Frozen Four Social Media Rewards Campaign by logging on to www.CollegeHockeyRewards.com.
Ways to Earn Points On College Hockey Rewards
• Score 10 points every time you login to www.CollegeHockeyRewards.com (maximum of 500 points).
• Score 100 points for liking NCAA Men's Hockey on Facebook.
• Score 100 points for liking the Tampa Bay Lightning on Facebook.
• Score 100 points for liking Visit Tampa Bay on Facebook.
• Score 100 points for sharing College Hockey Rewards with your Facebook friends.
• Score 100 points and earn the "Raise the Trophy" badge for sharing a photo of you with the Hobey Baker or National Championship trophies on Facebook (100 points for each trophy photo).
• Score 100 points for following @NCAAIceHockey on Twitter.
• Score 100 points for following @TBLightning on Twitter.
• Score 100 points for following @VisitTampaBay on Twitter.
• Score 100 points and earn the "Tweet 16" badge for sharing College Hockey Rewards with your Twitter followers.
• Score 150 points every time you tweet with #frozenfour (maximum of 6000 points).
• Score 150 points every time you retweet @NCAAIceHockey (maximum of 6000 points).
• Score 150 points and earn the "Goal!" badge for checking in to the Tampa Bay Times Forum on Foursquare (maximum of 300 points).
• Score 150 points and earn the "Fan HQ" badge for checking in to the Frozen Four Fan HQ on Foursquare (maximum of 300 points).
• Score 250 points and earn the "Welcome to Tampa" badge for checking in to Tampa International Airport on Foursquare (maximum of 500 points).
Earn points, score awesome Frozen Four 2012 commemorative items!
• 2,500 points: Frozen Four 2012 Lapel Pin.
• 5,000 points: Frozen Four 2012 Souvenir Puck.
• 10,000 points: Frozen Four 2012 T-Shirt.
• 15,000 points: Chance to win one of two commemorative Frozen Four 2012 jerseys, customized with the winner's name and signed by Frozen Four alumni Marty St. Louis.
For more information about the NCAA Frozen Four in Tampa Bay, including ticket information, visit www.NCAA.com/FrozenFour or www.VisitTampaBay.com/FrozenFour.