Lightning vs. Capitals Game Notes
Saturday, 01.19.2013 / 9:57 PM
Tampa Bay Lightning
- Cory Conacher recorded a goal and an assist in his NHL debut. His first NHL point came on an assist on Martin St. Louis' second-period power play goal.
- With two goals and an assist, St. Louis now has 71 points (25g, 46a) in 69 career games against Washington. It was also his 228th multi-point game in his career.
- With a goal and an assist, Vincent Lecavalier now has 203 multi-point games in his NHL career.
- Defenseman Eric Brewer scored the first goal of the season for the Lightning with a tally at the 6:24 point on the first period. He added a second goal in the third period. Brewer scored only one goal during the 2011-12 campaign.
- Teddy Purcell tallied three assists in the game. It was hist first three-assist game since February 26, 2012.
- Goaltender Anders Lindback won his first game as the Lightning netminder. He stopped 27 shots in the winning effort.
- Lindback, forwards Beniot Pouliot, B.J. Crombeen, Cory Conacher and defensemen Sami Salo all made their Lightning debut tonight.
- Defenseman Matt Carle made his return to Tampa Bay after playing he played 12 games for the Bolts during the 2008-09 season. He was credited with an assist on Brewers first goal of the game.
- Steven Stamkos assisted on two goals on the effort.
- During the 2011-12 season, the Lightning were 27-12-4 when scoring first and went 16-5-2 when leading after the first period.
Three Stars of the Game
- Martin St. Louis
- Vincent Lecavalier
- Cory Conacher