Bolts vs. Panthers Game Notes
Tuesday, 01.29.2013 / 10:04 PM
Tampa Bay Lightning
- Dana Tyrell recorded his first point of the season with an assist on Tom Pyatt's first period goal. His last assist came on Dec. 17, 2011 at Columbus
- Dana Tyrell also recorded his first goal on the season in the second period, his first since March 19, 2011 against Ottawa. It is his first multi-point game since March 29, 2011 when he had two assists.
- The Lightning outscored their opponent for the first time this season in the second period.
- The Lightning are now 3-0-0 when leading after two periods, and lead the NHL in third period scoring.
- Steven Stamkos extended his point streak to six games with a goal and an assist tonight.
- The Lightning have scored five or more goals for the third straight game and lead the NHL with 28 goals.
- The Lightning remain undefeated tonight and are 4-0-0 this season on home ice.
- The Lightning have scored a power play in goal in each of the last four games, including four over their past two games.
- With a goal and an assist tonight Cory Conacher now leads all NHL rookies in points with 9.
- Conacher has tallied four multi-point games this season
- Tom Pyatt recorded his second career game winning goal in the win.
- Dana Tyrell tied his career-high with two points (one goal, one assist) and was the game’s third star.
- The Lightning have scored five or more goals in a game for the third straight time. The last time the Lightning scored five or more goals in three straight games was during the 2007-08 season.
- First Star: Cory Conacher
- Second Star: Tom Pyatt
- Third Star: Dana Tyrell