Brett Connolly Named Lightning Prospect Performer of the Week
Brett Connolly is this week’s Lightning Prospect Performer of the Week, for the period ending February 11. Connolly finished the three-game week with four points coming on two assists and a pair of goals, including one multi-point game.
The Campbell River, British Columbia native started out the week with a gritty two-goal night on Friday against the Adirondack Phantoms in the Crunch’s 4-2 win. He scored the game’s second goal, as well as the fourth to cap the scoring, and surpassed Alex Killorn for most goals scored at the War Memorial Arena.
Just 24 hours later, on Saturday night, Connolly notched an assist to extend his consecutive games point streak to four games, setting up Tyler Johnson albeit in a 4-3 loss to the Albany Devils.
Sunday night, Connolly’s strong weekend culminated with an assist, although the Crunch suffered their second defeat in three games over the weekend in a 6-1 loss to the Phantoms, who avenged Friday’s loss.
After the series of three games this past weekend, Connolly extended his point streak to five games, which he brings into Wednesday night’s contest against Albany.
NOTES AND NUMBERS
• Tyler Johnson ranks second in goals with 23 and is ninth in the AHL with 42 points
• The Crunch are second in the AHL with 154 goals scored on the year, just two shy of league-leader Rochester
• Mark Barberio is fifth among all AHL defensemen with 28 points in 46 games
• The Crunch are one of three teams in the league without a regulation loss when leading after one period
• Brett Connolly’s five-game point streak is the league’s third-longest active streak