What To Watch For: January 3 at Calgary
By Michelle Gingras
- Lightning Feature Reporter
- The Tampa Bay Lightning enter tonight's contest at the Scotiabank Saddledome looking to win its fifth straight game on the road tonight. The Bolts boast a record of 9-3-2 against Western Conference opponents this season.
Tyler Johnson is third among NHL Rookies in scoring with 22 points
- The Lightning enter tonight's game with power-play goals in five of its last six games, while Calgary has killed off penalties 82.0 % of the time. The Flames penalty kill ranks 15th in the league, just one spot below the Bolts whose penalty kill at 82.2% ranks them 14th in the league.
- Ryan Malone has posted goals in each of his past two games against the Calgary Flames (December 15, 2011 and December 7, 2010). He made his return to the team this past Wednesday after missing 16 games with a lower body injury.
- Rookie Tyler Johnson recorded his 11th goal of the season on Wednesday night against the Canucks, which extended his point streak to four games. He ranks tied for third in the league for rookie points with 22.
- Valterri Filppula has recorded 12 points in his last eight games (five goals, seven assists).