What to Watch For: Bolts at Flyers
The Lightning will look to halt a Flyers 10-game home win streak today that dates back to November 5th. The last time these two teams met, the Bolts defeated the Flyers 4-2 on Nov. 27. Keep up with all of the action on Sun Sports with the pre-game starting at 12:30.
Here are five storylines heading into today's matchup.
- The last time these two team met, Victor Hedman accounted for two of the Lightning's four goals. Since returning from injury 10 games ago, the defenseman has recorded two goals and seven assists for the Bolts.
- Ondrej Palat recorded his fifth multi-point game of the season on Thursday and extended his point streak to eight games. His streak also set a Lightning franchise record for most consecutive games with a point by a rookie, surpassing former Bolt Brad Richards' mark of seven games during the 2000-01 season.
- Tyler Johnson's 12th goal of the season on Thursday night moved him into a tie for third among rookies for goals scored in the NHL. He comes into today's matchup ranking first among rookies for faceoffs taken with 677.
- Matt Carle is riding a career-best-five game assist streak as he takes on his old team. The defenseman registered 308 games with the Flyers, collecting 15 goals and 137 points.
- Valterri Filppula enters today's contest having recorded 14 points over his past 12 games.