What To Watch For: Bolts at Blue Jackets
Just two days after stopping a surging Flyers team, the Bolts will face yet another team that is on a hot streak in the Columbus Blue Jackets, who have gone 7-3-0 over their last 10 games. The Bolts, meanwhile have won seven of their last eight on the road.
Anders Lindback will be in net tonight as puck drops in Columbus at 7:00 PM. Keep up with all of the action on Sun Sports.
Here are five storylines to watch for during tonight's matchup:
- Five of the past six games between the Bolts and Blue Jackets have been decided by one goal, including a 1-0 decision in favor of Columbus on Dec. 3.
- Marty St. Louis scored his 20th goal of the season on Saturday, making that the 10th time in his NHL career that the Captain has reached the 20-goal mark.
- The line of Valterri Filppula, Teddy Purcell and Alex Killorn have combined for 38 points over the last 13 games. Filppula has collected 16 points over his past 13 games. Purcell has recorded at least one point in eight of his past 11 games and is coming off of +3 performance against the Flyers.
- Matt Carle continues to make his mark on both offense and defense after posting a Lightning franchise record +6 rating against the Flyers. Carle enters tonight's contest riding a career-high six-game point streak (8 assists).
- Lightning rookies have combined for 99 points so far this season, ranking them first in NHL in that category.