What to Watch For: Bolts vs. Islanders
After an impressive pair of road trips, the Bolts return home to face the New York Islanders with the intention to snap a three-game home losing streak. The Lightning boast a record of 10-2-3 versus the Islanders over the last 15 games at home. The last time these two teams met, Valterri Filppula recorded two third period goals and a shootout goal to help the Bolts steal a 3-2 victory at Nassau Coliseum.
- After a stellar performance against the New York Rangers in which he recorded 33 saves, Ben Bishop will again get the start in net for the Bolts tonight. Bishop has picked up at least a point in each of past 11 games and has allowed more than two goals in a game only once in his past 13 starts.
- Victor Hedman will mark another milestone in his career as he skates in his 300th professional NHL game tonight. He recorded his 10th goal of the season against the New York Rangers ranking him tied for second among defensemen in the NHL for goals. He has also tied his career high point total (26) with 35 regular season games still to be played.
- Although Matt Carle's seven-game point streak was snapped against the Rangers, he still managed to record a team high five blocked shots. He has posted 11 blocked shots in his past two games. Rounding out the defense, Radko Gudas enters tonight's game riding a three-game assist streak and ranks first in the league among rookies for hits with 153.
- Nikita Kucherov continued to prove he could perform under pressure with his third game-winning goal of the season against the Rangers. The last time he faced the Islanders, Kucherov tallied the game winning shootout goal to give the Bolts the victory.
- Marty St. Louis enters tonight's contest on a five-game point streak and is currently leading the team with 43 points.