What To Watch For: Lightning vs. Sharks
The Tampa Bay Lightning will attempt to snap a four-game home losing streak this afternoon as they take on the San Jose Sharks for the second and final time this season. The last time these two teams met in San Jose, the Sharks handed the Lightning a 5-1 loss. Puck drops at 2:00 PM at the Tampa Bay Times Forum and you can catch all of the action on Sun Sports.
Here are some storylines to look for heading into today's game.
- Despite having lost the last four home contests, the Bolts still own one of the best home records in the Eastern Conference at 14-5-3. The last four losses at the Tampa Bay Times Forum have all been decided by one goal.
- Marty St. Louis enter's today's game on a six-game point streak in which he's recorded four goals and three assists. He also now sits just one point under Larry Robinson on the NHL's all-time points list with 957 points.
- The Bolts have recorded a power-play goal in three straight games with Nikita Kucherov ranking tied for fifth among rookies for power-play goals. Three of his seven goals this season have been on the man advantage. Valterri Filppula leads the team in power-play assists with nine.
- Rookie Tyler Johnson has recorded a point in nine of his last 12 games. Johnson scored the Lightning's only goal the last time they faced the Sharks.
- The Lightning hold the all-time record of 7-6-0 against the Sharks in Tampa and have won its past two games against San Jose at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.