What to Watch For: Bolts vs. Avalanche
After claiming their first win of 2014 at the Tampa Bay Times Forum on Thursday night, the Bolts will look to defeat the Colorado Avalanche in the first of two meetings between the two clubs. Puck drops at 7:00 p.m. at the Tampa Bay Times Forum and you can keep up with all of the action on Sun Sports.
Here are six storylines to follow in tonight's matchup.
- The Lighning and Avalanche feature the two top scoring rookies in the league. Nathan MacKinnon ranks first with 33 points while Tyler Johnson is second with 31 points.
- Both the Lightning and the Avalanche have gone from being two of the bottom three teams in the NHL in the 2012-13 season to both being in the Top Ten in the NHL standings for points this year.
- The Bolts currently have eight 10-goal scorers on their team, the most in the NHL this season.
- The Lightning have nine players on their current roster who have never played against the Avalanche. Tampa Bay owns the all-time record of 9-4-2 with a tie in 16 career home games against Colorado.
- Marty St. Louis enters tonight's contest on a nine-game point streak and the Captain sits just two assists shy of 600 in his NHL career.
- Each of the past seven Lightning home games have been decided by just one goal.