What To Watch For: Bolts vs. Sabres
The Tampa Bay Lightning will look to claim the first victory of their six-game homestand tonight as they take on the Atlantic Division rival, the Buffalo Sabres. The last time Tampa faced Buffalo, the Sabres were defeated 3-2. Puck drops at 7:30 pm at the Tampa Bay Times Forum and you can follow all of the action on Sun Sports.
Here are six storylines heading into tonight's matchup.
- Steven Stamkos will be skating in his first game since November 11 after missing 45 games with a broken right tibia.
- Ryan Callahan will also be skating in his first game as a Bolt tonight. Callahan, previously a New York Ranger, has skated in 450 career NHL games and has scored 132 goals and 254 points.
- The Lightning are 13-10-5 this season in one-goal games after ranking last in the NHL with a 5-12-4 record a season ago in that same category. Both previous victories against the Sabres were decided by one goal.
- Teddy Purcell has recorded a point in four of his last five games.
- Valtteri Filppula sits just three goals shy of tying his career-high of 23 set during the 2011-12 season. The forward also ranks second in the NHL for shooting percentage at 19.2%.
- Victor Hedman enters tonight's matchup with a goal and 13 assists in his past 12 games.