What to Watch For: Lightning vs. Coyotes
The Tampa Bay Lightning will look to claim their first victory in their six-game homestand as they face off against the Phoenix Coyotes tonight for the second and final time this season. The last time these two teams met, the Coyotes defeated the Bolts, 6-3. Puck drops at the Tampa Bay Times Forum at 7:30 pm and you can follow all of the action on Sun Sports.
Here are five storylines heading into tonight's matchup:
- The Bolts scored their eighth shorthanded goal of the season on Saturday and rank tied for third in the NHL in that category. Victor Hedman has assisted on five of the eight shorthanded markers, and Tyler Johnson has four points (three goals, one assist) while on the penalty kill.
- Johnson enters tonight's contest riding a three-game point streak.
- Ondrej Palat enters tonight's contest after tallying his 10th multi-point game of the season on Saturday night.
- The Lightning haven't allowed a power-play goal in each of their past five home games.
- Over his past two games, Steven Stamkos has gone 29-for-42 (69%) in the face-off circle.