Power Rankings: Goalies steal the show on day 1
Each day at Development Camp, Lightning staffers will compile some of the best moments and observations into power rankings.
The goalies stole the spotlight on day one with some saves...Here's the best moments ranked from the first day of Development Camp.
1. Andrei Vasilevskiy quickly is becoming a household name among Lightning fans along with former first round pick Jonathan Drouin. And for good reason. In a showdown of the former first round picks in the shootout to conclude Wednesday's practice, it was Vasilevskiy who came up with the clutch blocker save.
2. It was a cool moment for Northeastern goalie Clay Witt, who's a development camp invitee. Witt was born in Brandon just a little more than a year before the Lightning's debut in the NHL. He has a customized Florida license plate on his mask.
3. Vasilevskiy wasn't the only one putting on a save clinic in practice. Minnesota goalie Adam Wilcox made a sprawling glove save during the three-on-three drill.
4. Forward Brayden Point showed why the Bolts traded up to select him in the third round at this year's draft when he deked and scored a nice goal that had everyone in attendance clapping.
5. Drouin showed off his skill set during one-on-one when he broke into the zone, crossed the ice vertically just above the circles with a toe drag, and then beat the goaltender with a wicked wrist shot.
6. First-round pick defenseman Anthony DeAngelo stood up a few prospects during one-on-one drills.