Lightning to be featured on national TV five times in 2014-15 season
The Tampa Bay Lightning will be featured on national TV five times during the 2014-15 season as announced by NBC Sports Group on Tuesday.
Here are the games scheduled to be shown on NBCSN.
Tues. Dec 2 -- at Buffalo -- 7:30 p.m.
Mon. Dec 15 -- at Pittsburgh -- 7 p.m.
Tues. Jan 27 -- at Carolina -- 7:30 p.m.
Tues. March 3 -- vs. Buffalo -- 7:30 p.m.
Sat. April 11 -- vs. Boston -- TBD
Coming off of the most-watched NHL regular season ever on NBC and NBCSN, the most-watched Stanley Cup Playoffs since 2006 and most-watched Stanley Cup Playoffs on cable in 17 years, NBC Sports Group will deliver coverage of 103 NHL regular-season games during the 2014-15 season, featuring 14 games on NBC and 89 games on NBCSN. All games will be streamed live via NBC Sports Live Extra. Schedule highlights include:
• The season kicks off with an Opening Night doubleheader on Oct. 8 on NBCSN, starting with Wednesday Night Rivalry coverage at 7:30 p.m. ET with the Philadelphia Flyers at the Boston Bruins.
• NBCSN’s Opening Night coverage continues with a 2014 Stanley Cup Playoff rematch between the San Jose Sharks and Los Angeles Kings from STAPLES Center at 10 p.m. ET in Los Angeles, as the Kings raise their 2014 Stanley Cup Championship banner to the rafters.
• NBC will present the 2015 NHL Winter Classic from Washington, D.C., between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Washington Capitals on January 1 at 1 p.m. ET.
• Making its return for the first time since 2012, NBCSN will present coverage of the NHL All-Star Game from Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets. All-Star weekend will take place Saturday, January 24 and Sunday, January 25 and will include the NHL All-Star Skills Competition™ and the NHL All-Star Game.
• The 2014-15 regular season on NBCSN will feature 24 Wednesday Night Rivalry telecasts, plus 10 Wednesday nightcaps that will showcase Western Conference teams, including the Los Angeles Kings, San Jose Sharks, Anaheim Ducks and Colorado Avalanche.
• This year’s regular-season coverage features 31 games spanning 14 of the 15 series from the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs, including back-to-back rematches of the 2014 Western and Eastern Conference Finals on NBCSN (Blackhawks-Kings on Jan. 28, Canadiens-Rangers on Jan. 29), and a rematch of the 2014 Stanley Cup Final between the Rangers and Kings on March 24.
• 56 of NBC and NBCSN’s 103 telecasts feature at least one Western Conference team.