Five things you should know about new Lightning defenseman Jason Garrison
The Lightning acquired defenseman Jason Garrison on June 27 along with the rights to prospect Jeff Costello and a seventh round pick in the 2014 draft in exchange for the Lightning's second round pick in the draft.
Here's five things you should know about the new Bolt.
1. Fox Sports named Jason Garrison the Best Person in the Sports World on November 23, 2013
2. There's no doubt Garrison has a pretty good sense of humor
After Panthers goalie Roberto Luongo's tires were stolen off his car, Garrison took to twitter to make fun of his former teammate.
WOW! Cant believe the Ebay deals. New summer tires from Florida. Even came with authenticity picture.. pic.twitter.com/HbrS8J9AiR— Jason Garrison (@J_G_5) August 15, 2013
3. Garrison is used to playing hockey in Florida.
He played his first three seasons in the NHL with the Panthers including his best season to date in 2011-12 when he scored 16 goals and recorded 17 assists. He also recorded 33 points last season with the Canucks scoring seven goals while adding 26 assists.
4. Garrison's beard will fit right in with new teammate Radko Gudas. Actually, I think Garrison's beard might be better than Gudas'.
5. If you're sitting behind the glass during warmups, I suggest you watch out when Garrison takes a slap shot. He's been known to break some glass. He won the Canucks Super Skills competition hardest shot contest topping out at 101.8 MPH.