2nd Annual Open Call to Tampa Bay Artists
The Tampa Bay Times Forum and the Tampa Bay Lightning are excited to announce our 2nd Annual Open Call to Artists exhibition. We invite Lightning fans and members of the local arts community to submit pieces of original artwork to be hung for display in the Times Forum during the 2013-2014 season. We received over 400 submissions from throughout the community for our inaugural exhibition last year, and are honored to have rewarded artists and displayed the 41 winning pieces for the thousands of visitors who visited the Forum.
To view the winners from last year, please click below to visit a gallery from our unveiling Celebration of the Arts event, as well as to see interviews with the many of the artists who won.
We are thrilled to have the opportunity to continue to showcase our community’s vibrant artistic talent, and invite you to submit your artwork.
- June 20, 2013 – Website open for submissions
- August 28, 2013 – All submissions due
- September 20, 2013 – Artists will be notified on or before September 20th of acceptance into the Exhibition
- Artists must be 13 years of age or older at time of contest entry. Artists must live/work in the greater Tampa Bay area.
- Each artist may submit up to three (3) fully completed works of art.
- Artwork must be original. All mediums are welcome, excluding computer art.
- Size restrictions: All hanging artwork shall be no larger than 6’x6’ (including frame). Sculpture is limited to 7’ tall with varying widths accepted.
Acceptable mediums include:
Please contact Kelley Cureton by email or 813.301.6832 with any questions.
All submissions will be through CallForEntry.org; Please visit Cafe to view complete rules and submit your entry.Click to Enter
View photos of the artwork displayed at the Tampa Bay Times Forum throughout the 2012-13 NHL season.View Gallery
Watch a Celebration of the Arts segment featuring Nicole Abbett and her piece "Sacred Heart Church"View Artist Video
Watch a Celebration of the Arts segment featuring Brad Bazin's piece "Lowry Park Zoo" and Chris McDarby's Steven Stamkos artworkView Artist Video
Watch a Celebration of the Arts segment featuring Brandon Marshall and his pice "Ice Bubbles"View Artist Video