Third Annual Open Call to Tampa Bay Artists
It’s that time of year again! Amalie Arena and the Tampa Bay Lightning are excited to announce our Third Annual Open Call to Artists exhibition. We invite Lightning fans and members of the local arts community to submit pieces of original artwork to be hung for display in Amalie Arena during the 2014-2015 season. During our first two years of the program, we received more than 800 submissions, and proudly displayed and honored 82 winning pieces for the 1.5 million visitors. We are thrilled to be joined by representatives from the Tampa Museum of Art, Museum of Fine Arts, and the Dali Museum to lead this year’s jury in selecting the winning pieces.
People ask us all the time what we are looking for and it’s simple. We want our building to exude the energy and feel of the surrounding community, visually celebrating Tampa Bay and its people thru art. Feel free to be creative and depict anything and everything that inspires you locally and if you are able to weave in the love of hockey, even better!
To view the winners from past years, please click below to visit the galleries, as well as to see interviews with many of the artists who won.
We are thrilled to have the opportunity to continue to showcase our community’s vibrant artistic talent, and invite you to submit your artwork. The unveiling and reception will be held prior to the first pre-season game on Tuesday, September 23.
- June 23, 2014 – Website open for submissions
- September 5, 2014 – All submissions due
- September 22, 2014 – Artists will be notified on or before September 22nd of acceptance into the Exhibition
- Artists must be 13 years of age or older at time of contest entry. Artists must live/work in the greater Tampa Bay area.
- Each artist may submit up to three (3) fully completed works of art.
- Artwork must be original. All mediums are welcome, excluding computer art.
- Size restrictions: All hanging artwork shall be no larger than 6’x6’ (including frame). Sculpture is limited to 7’ tall with varying widths accepted.
Acceptable mediums include:
Please contact Kelley Cureton by email or 813.301.6832 with any questions.
All submissions will be through CallForEntry.org; Please visit Cafe to view complete rules and submit your entry.Click to EnterContest Rules
View photos of the artwork displayed at Amalie Arena throughout the 2013-14 NHL season.View Gallery
View photos of the artwork displayed at Amalie Arena throughout the 2013 NHL season.View Gallery
Watch a Celebration of the Arts segment featuring Nicole Abbett and her piece "Sacred Heart Church"View Artist Video
Header Image by Galen Burow