Program Overview & Registration
Teachers, Get Started Now:
The registration period for the 2014-2015 Score with Reading program has closed. Thank you for your support.
Twelve lucky schools who have all first grade classrooms registered will be randomly selected to receive a “ThunderBug Reading Assembly” during the reading period, to help motivate students and classes to reach their goals.
After registration, teachers will receive the following materials:
- Student booklet containing program informaton
- Student bookmark with reading scorecard on back
- Classroom poster/minute tracker
- Teacher ticket vouchers
The student reading period runs October 13-November 30.
Students will record the number of minutes read daily outside of school using the reading bookmark and we suggest student's submit their bookmark to you at the end of each week. Bookmarks should be verified by a parent/guardian and child's teacher.
Students receive incentives for reaching individual reading milestones as follows within the 60 day period:
- Read 20 minutes/day x 20 days = 400 minutes = free Lightning ticket voucher to 2015 home game and Score with Reading Bracelet
- Read 20 minutes/day x 40 days = 800 minutes = second free ticket voucher to 2015 home game and score with reading bracelet and Bolts Book Bag
Classrooms in which every student reads 800 minutes (20 minutes for 40 days) will be entered to win a personal classroom visit by a Lightning celebrity. Additionally, eight chosen classrooms will be rewarded with Lightning Street Hockey at their school or an educational field trip to Amalie Arena (transportation provided on the Lightning Fan Express.)
When teachers register their classroom and participate in the program they will receive two Lightning ticket vouchers for a 2014 Lightning home game (please see dates below). Following program completion, a select number will also receive $250 gift cards to Lakeshore Learning to enhance your classroom materials.
Teachers, please submit your list of classroom minutes online at the end of the program by December 12, 2014. A submission link will be available from December 3-12, 2014.
Once minutes are submitted, certificates of completion, student vouchers, bracelets and bags will be mailed. Classes with full participation will be entered into the drawings for the Lightning celebrity visit, street hockey or Amalie Arena field trip and winning classrooms will be notified.
Teacher Voucher Redemption Game Dates
- Tuesday, October 28 vs. Arizona at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 15 vs. New York Islanders at 7 p.m.
- Saturday November 22 vs. Minnesota at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, November 29 vs. Ottawa at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, December 4 vs. Buffalo at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 6 vs. Columbus at 7 p.m.
*Friendly reminder ... it is best to redeem vouchers at McDonald's Ticket Office inside Amalie Arena at least two weeks in advance of game date. Game day redemption is not guaranteed. Dates and times subject to change.