Parent and Student Program Overview
You child’s teacher can register for the Lightning’s Score With Reading program by September 30th, 2013.
Once a teacher registers their classroom, all program materials are sent for them to distribute to your child.
The student reading period runs September 30 - November 8, 2013. During this time, students will record the number of minutes read daily after school using the reading scorecard in a provided booklet, which will be submitted to their teacher at the end of each week.
Students receive incentives for reaching individual reading milestones as follows within the 60 day period:
- Read 20 minutes/day x 20 days = 400 minutes = sticker + free Lightning ticket voucher
- Read 20 minutes/day x 40 days = 800 minutes = second free ticket voucher
Classrooms in which every student reads 800 minutes (20 minutes for 40 days) will be entered to win a personal classroom visit by a Lightning celebrity.
Voucher Redemption Information:
Students who reach the individual reading milestones and are awarded Lightning ticket vouchers, may redeem them for the following game dates:
- Thursday, December 19 vs. Nashville @ 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 21 vs. Carolina @ 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 16 vs. N.Y. Islanders @ 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, January 18 vs. San Jose @ 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 25 vs. Colorado @ 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 10 vs. Phoenix @ 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 13 vs. Florida @7:30 p.m.
- Monday, March 24 vs. Ottawa @ 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 27 vs. N.Y. Islanders @ 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 3 vs. Calgary @ 7:30 p.m.